Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Late Night Drives: The World is Big Enough Without Her



The World is Big Enough Without Her

All these late nights burn away
Like pretty pictures playing dead
A thirst that shall not be quenched
Another sleepless roll in the hey
She calls to me
As she builds those long machines

I see her face like yesterday
Though it feels as if it's been forever
A period of my life that purged away
Bounced around like war drums on parade
I struggle with my tongue
A battle as dry as sand

There's so much to say
And yet so little to tell
I feel my wit and charisma whittle away
Like cowards in duel
So much to say
About nothing at all

She looks at me with those signature eyes
A gaze as real as nuclear fields
I entertain moments of her embrace
Of leading her through those fields
Where the great machines patrol
Where the great machines go to die

We would drive to a better world
On a road surrounded by the trees of my youth
The sub breaking through like a dagger
She'll turn to me and smile
I'll touch her face and laugh
And the chord gets cut to my delusion

I am not her hero
She will drive through that forest road with another
And I will hallucinate her face in desert winds
Telling myself the world is big enough without her
The world is big enough without her
My greatest piece of science fiction

So stick that needle in my brain
I'm due for a date with the wandering machines
For true love is time wasted
She calls to me
And I shall not answer
Like pretty pictures playing dead

Follow Cult @CultIcon
Email Cult at fallenhero17@yahoo.com

Please change disks to continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment